Except for the world-known sites like Great Wall and Forbidden City, there are some lesser-known attractions worthy of visiting in Beijing downtown area. In this private tour, your guide and driver will escort you to visit them: Yonghe Palace, Guozijian, Panda House in Beijing Zoo and Jingshan Park to introdue you a real Beijing vividly.
AM: In the morning, meet your guide and driver at hotel lobby in Beijing City area.
Today’s first stop is Yonghe Palace (also called Lama Temple) where two emperors of the Qing Dynasty bore. Yonghe Palace is also called The Lama Temple because it was translated into the largest Buddhist temple in Beijing in Mid and Late Qing Dynasty. Then you will pay a visit to Guozijian, the Imperial College of the Yuan, the Ming, and the Qing Dynasties. Roam along the ancient Guozijian Street you will get to Confucius Temple. The memorial temple for the greatest educator in Chinese history.
Noon: Lunch in a local restaurant.
PM: After lunch, continue to visit lovely pandas in Panda House of Beijing Zoo. You will have opportunity to see adult pandas, young pandas, and panda family. At last, take a walk in Jingshan Park, opposite a street from the Forbidden City. In ancient time, Jingshan Park and its ancillary buildings not only served as a royal garden for visitors, but also had multiple functions such as learning shooting, offering sacrifices to ancestors, official learning, opera and regional activities, etc.
Ending the tour, you will be escorted back to hotel.
- Entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Chinese style lunch listed in the itinerary
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide
- Private transfers in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour
- Government taxes
- Entrance fee of Bird’s Nest and Water Cube
- All personal expenses and additional activities
- Gratuities to guide and driver (recommended if you are satisfied with their services)