China Tours with Yangtze River Cruise 2023-2024
As one of the top things to do in China, taking a Yangtze River Cruise is popular among tourists who want to sit back and see a wealth of natural wonders and cultural treasures of China. Sailing down the Yangtze River is to immerse yourself in the spectacular gorges and enriching experiences, escape from the hustle and bustle, and relax your mind with the leisure-paced journey.
Just like a luxury ocean cruise, the Yangtze River cruise will offer you more than spectacular scenery, you can also expect entertainment, salon, delicious food, comfort accommodation, interesting activities on deck, and shore excursions.
Top Attractions along Yangtze River: Yangtze River Cruise Shore Excursions
- Three Gorges — is the general designation of Qutang Gorge, Wu Gorge, and Xiling Gorge, offering breathtaking scenery and many cultural and historical sites.
- Fengdu Ghost City — One of the most popular attractions along the Yangtze River, is where you can see impressive ancient constructions, learn about the “ghost” culture and hell in Chinese mythology, and know the influence of Confucians, Taoist, and Buddhist beliefs in Chinese traditional value.
- Shibaozhai — An exceptional example of Chinese ancient architecture, Shibaozhai is an eye-catching 12-storey wooden pagoda which was built into a cliff. The top of the pagoda will offer fantastic river scenery.
- Shennv Stream — Located at the Wu Gorge, Shennv Stream is an ideal place for serene sailing, rewarding tourists with awesome scenery of surrounding gorges, mountains, and cliffs.
- Shennong Stream — Nestle between Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge, Shennong Stream is where tourists can hop on a local sampan to appreciate peaceful gorge scenery, discover old coffins hanging on steep cliffs, and learn about mysterious local history and customs.
- Three Gorges Dam — Being 2.3km long and 185m high, the Three Gorges Dam is the largest hydroelectric dam in the world. Tourists can stand on the 185 Platform (with a height of 185m, the same as the dam) to observe the main architecture of the dam and feel its majesty.
What’s the difference between an upstream Yangtze cruise and a downstream cruise?
Chongqing – Yichang is the most popular section of the Yangtze River. The downstream sailing is from Chongqing (the higher part of the Yangtze River) to Yichang (the lower part of the Yangtze River), generally will take 4 days and 3 nights. The upstream sailing is from the lower Yichang to the higher Chongqing and will take 5 days and 4 nights. The onshore excursion attractions and activities may have a little difference, depending on the ship.
Popular China Tours with Yangtze River Cruise
To integrate your memorable Yangtze River experience with highlights of other Chinese tourist destinations, we dedicately designed the following multi-day China tours including Yangtze River Cruise. Beyond the memorable natural wonders and cultural experiences along Yangtze River, you can also explore interesting culture, history, life and impressive architectures in Beijing, Xian, Chengdu, Shanghai, Chongqing. You can choose from the following tours or contact our travel consultant to customize you own trip with Yangtze River Cruise.