This one day Xian private tour is about cute animals and folk art. In the morning, your guide will accompany you to Qinling Wildlife Park to see many kinds of animals and watch interesting performances. You will see adorable panda in its distinctive black and white coat play with each other and chew bamboos. Can you believe that an adult panda eats about 12 to 15 kilograms bamboos each day? In the afternoon, you will visit Guanzhong Folk Art Museum to appreciate some Ming and Qing style ancient residences, over 1000-year-old hitching posts, brick carvings, shadow puppets, old furniture, and other cultural relics. If you are a fan of pandas and also interested in Chinese folk art, this tour is just made for you. You will have lots of fun!
* Be escorted to the Qinling Wildlife Park to visit a variety of animals including golden monkeys, kangaroos, chimpanzees, flamingoes, hippos, crocodiles, and alpacas, and watch interesting shows.
* Witness cute pandas playing with each other, chewing on bamboo, and learn about the daily life of pandas.
* Visit Guanzhong Folk Art Museum to see some Ming and Qing style ancient residences, stone carvings, wood carvings, shadow puppets, old furniture, and other cultural relics.
AM: In the morning, our guide and driver will pick you up from your Xian downtown hotel and then transfer you to Qinling Wildlife Park, 28 kilometers away from Xian City. It is the first wildlife zoo in northwest China. The park with a total area of more than 1,700,000 square meters is home to more than 300 species of animals from all over the world totaling up to 10,000 animals. It is divided into four areas, walking area, herbivore area, ferocious animal area and bird singing woods. You will see golden monkeys, kangaroos, white tigers, chimpanzees, flamingoes, hippos, crocodiles, alpacas, parrots, etc. And of course, you will have chance to see the loveliest animal on this planet, giant pandas. One is called “Ming Ming” and the other “Qin Qin”. With their black eye patches, round ears, small nose and fuzzy pelt, they will definitely melt your heart.
Noon: Lunch will be at your own expense (please feel free to ask your guide for suggestions)
PM: In the afternoon, we will visit Guanzhong Folk Art Museum. The museum at the foot of the famous Taoist mountain, Nanwutai Mountain, is the best-known large-scale folk art museum in Shaanxi Province. You will see the stone carvings, wood carvings, Guanzhong Plain folk houses, production tools, living goods, and items reflecting folk customs in old days. If you have interest in local folk culture, this museum is highly recommended.
At the end of the tour, your guide and driver will escort you back to hotel at about 18:00.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Private transfer in air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and experienced driver
- One bottle of mineral water per person
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)