This Xian tour from Beijing by coming overnight train and going high speed train covers the top 3 attractions of this ancient Capital: Terracotta Warriors, City Wall and Bell & Drum Tower Square. As the saying goes: visit Shanghai if you want to know the past 100 years of China, visit Beijing if you want to know the past 500 years of Beijing, visit Xian if you want to know the past 5000 years of China. Xian earns its great fames with not only Terracotta Warriors but also many other relics as well as hidden history and culture. Take this tour you will uncover the mysterious mask of this city following the expert guide.
- Day 1: Beijing-Xian by Overnight Train
Our local driver will pick you up from hotel lobby in later afternoon by holding a name board and transfer to Beijing West Train Station for the overnight train Z19/20:40-8:31+1 (or a train with similar schedule) to Xian.
- Day 2: Xian-Beijing by Bullet TrainTerracotta Warriors, Ancient City Wall, Bell Tower and Drum Tower Square
AM: When your arriavl to Xian in the morning, our tour guide and driver will greet you at exit of Xian train station. Your adventure begins with Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses. On the way to the attraction spot, your guide will introduce the history and culture of this ancient city for you to catch a glimpse of reason why so many well-known relics were discovered on this land.
Known as “the eighth Wonders of the world”, Terracotta Warriors slept under the ground for 2,200 years before the accidental discovery by local farmers who were digging wells. The life-size terracotta warriors differ from one another in clothing, hairstyle, posture and facial expression. Since its opening to public in 1979, it attracts millions of people from all over the world each year and has become one of the things that represent China throughout the world. a surprisingly high level in sculpture, which is the most significant discovery of the 20th century.
Noon: Lunch in local restaurant.
PM: Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and then head back to xian downtown area for the other hightlights. Ancient City Wall is the most complete preserved and the largest city wall in China. It was built for the military defense in the ancient time. Since it is cycling the city, visitors can ride a bike around the city wall.
The last stop is Bell Tower and Drum Tower Square, where you will take an outer look of Bell Tower and Drum Tower. If you are interested in the inner structure of the towers, your guide will help you buy the tickets on spot.
After the tour, depart with the guide and driver at Xian North Train Station for high speed train back to Beijing (G670/18:05-23:26 or train with similar schedule). Upon arrival in Beijing, meet local driver (no guide) at the exit of Beijing West Train Station and finally end the whole tour with hotel drop-off.
- Transportation: Beijing-Xian Overnight Train (soft sleeper with 4 berths shared in 1 cabin); Xian-Beijing high-speed train (2nd class seat)
- Entrance tickets as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meal: Chinese style lunch
- Guide: Excellent English-speaking tour guides in Xian
- Private transfers in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour
- Government taxes
- A bottle of mineral water per pax
- Any optional activity / battery car / shuttle bus inside the attraction
- Our package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip for any unforeseen circumstances.
- Any item beyond “Pirce includes”
- Gratuities to guide and driver (recommended if you are satisfied with their services)