Best Zhangjiajie Tours 2023/2024: China Zhangjiajie Tour Packages to Discover Avatar Mountains
Travelers should be excited about taking a Zhangjiajie tour: it is known for the thousands of pillar-like karst peaks which are the inspiration for floating mountains in the movie Avatar.
In 1992, the Wulingyuan Scenic Area has been listed as a World Natural Heritage Site thanks to its amazing landscapes: pillar-like peaks, deep valleys, seas of cloud, weird caves, verdant forests,s, and amazing waterscapes. Not only the natural wonders, but Zhangjiajie will also entertain you with many thrilling outdoor adventures and activities, say the longest and highest fully glass bridge – Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge, the spine-tingling Tianmen skywalks, etc.
We have designed various private and group Zhangjiajie tours, varying from day trips to multi-day Zhangjiajie trips, to offer you the very best Zhangjiajie highlights. What you can expect on our Zhangjiajie tour packages include Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianmen Mountain, Grand Canyon, Fenghuang Ancient Town, etc. It is also okay if you are inspired by the following tours and want to create your own Zhangjiajie trip, just feel free to contact our travel consultant about your interest, requirement, etc. to tailor-make.
Highlights of our Zhangjiajie Tours
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park – the first national forest park in China, featuring pillar-like cloud-kissing peaks, deep ravines, and canyons, etc.
- Yunjiajie – the inspiration for the floating Hallelujah Mountain in the movie Avatar.
- Bailong Elevator – the highest and heaviest outdoor elevator in the world.
- Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon with Glass Bridge – is the longest and highest glass bridge in the world.
- Tianmen Mountain – famous for Tianmen Cave (means a gate to the heaven), sharp zigzag driving roads of 99 turns
- Ten Miles Gallery – with charming natural scenery, offers great photography chances.
- Fenghuang Old Town – an ancient village inhabited by the Miao ethnic minority, a place to look into the traditional buildings and culture of the Miao ethnic group.
How to Plan a Zhangjiajie Tour?
- Best time to visit Zhangjiajie: Zhangjiajie is great to be visited all year round, showing different charms in different seasons. Generally, April to October is the more recommended for the comfortable weather. April to June is the rainy season, more possible to encounter the seas of cloud.
- How many days to stay in Zhangjiajie: we recommend at least 4 days to cover the highlights of Zhangjiajie, including Yuanjiajie Scenic Area, Tianzi Mountain, and Tianmen Mountain. If you have more time available, consider adding Fenghuang Ancient Town to your trip.
Below are our Zhangjiajie tours of different types:
Top Zhangjiajie Private Tours
Which experiences are best for tours in Zhangjiajie? Check out the top Zhangjiajie private tour packages, Zhangjiajie adventures of 1-6 days’ itineraries to explore the best places to visit in Zhangjiajie: Zhangjiajie National Forest Park with Tianzi Mountain, Tianmen Mountain, Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge & Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, Yuanjiajie Scenic Area… Don’t miss it if you are an enthusiast for natural beauty, hiking and outdoor adventures, or photography.
Zhangjiajie & Fenghuang Ancient Town Tours
Extending your Zhangjiajie tours with an excursion to Fenghuang Ancient Town is recommended if you have 5-6 days or more time in Zhangjiajie. Zhangjiajie boasts superb mountainous landscapes with specular shapes and deeply shocks the world with its unparalleled beauty since the movie Avatar, while Fenghuang Ancient Town fascinates people with a harmonious mix of the natural scenery and local folk culture. The Zhangjiajie and Fenghuang tours will take you to experience two distinct sights, which help to better enrich your China vacation.
Tours to Zhangjiajie & Surrounding Cities
Thanks to the convenient transportation, Zhangjiajie can be connected with the nearby Changsha, Huangshan and Guizhou in a few hours. After immersing in the natural masterpieces of Zhangjiajie, you can extend your trip to Changsha for culture and culinary delights, or to UNESCO-listed Mount Fanjing or Mt. Huangshan to marvel at the awe-inspiring mountain views and profound Buddhist culture.
Beijing Zhangjiajie Tours
We offer the best Beijing Zhangjiajie tours, Zhangjiajie classic tours from Beijing by flights to allow you a culture and history experience in Beijing before you Zhangjiajie to enjoy the Avatar Mountains, Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Tianzi Mountain, Tianmen Mountain, the Glass Bridge, Grand Canyon, and more.
Shanghai Zhangjiajie Tours
We offer tours to Shanghai and Zhangjiajie and long China tours including Shanghai and Zhangjiajie, aiming to make it easy for you to traverse from China’s modern city to Avatar world. Both of these two cities are among the top tourist destinations of China, Shanghai is popular for its contrast of modern skyscrapers, ancient gardens and colonial buildings, and the karst mountains are where the great movie Avatar gets inspired.
Xian Zhangjiajie Tours
We handpicked the following tours to Xian and Zhangjiajie, or long China tours including Xian and Zhangjiajie to ensure you absorb the profound history and culture, as well as the breathtaking natural masterpieces of China in one trip. No matter where you start or end your China vacation, Xi’an and Zhangjiajie are two can’t-miss cities offering memorable activities and impressive attractions, including the world-renowned Terracotta Warriors, Mount Hua, the world’s longest and highest glass bridge in Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, and the surreal Avatar mountains in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park.
Guilin Zhangjiajie Tours
Take part in our Zhangjiajie Guilin package tours to enjoy some of the best natural masterpieces in China. Guided by a local insider, you’ll enjoy the leisure Li River Cruise, cycle along the scenic trails in rural Yangshuo, wander around the West Street with many antique buildings, witness the stunning Avatar mountains, and challenge yourself on the world’s longest and highest glass bridge over Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon.