Xian is a fascinating city with profound history and splendid culture, famed as one of the most popular travel destinations in China. No doubt, Terracotta Warriors is the best representation of Xian. This 2-day tour from Beijing to Xian by train and flight is a feast for history and culture lovers. Not watching on screen or books, you will visit Terracotta Warriors, Shaanxi History Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Bell Tower & Drum Tower Square, Great Mosque, Muslim Quarter, and Xian Ancient City Wall on spot!
- Day 1: Beijing - Xian by Overnight Train
Our local driver will pick you up from hotel lobby in later afternoon by holding a name board and transfer to Beijing West Train Station for the overnight train Z19/20:40-8:31+1(or a train with similar schedule) to Xian.
Accommodation: Soft sleeper train (4 berths shared in 1 cabin)
- Day 2: XianShaanxi History Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Bell Tower & Drum Tower Square, Muslim Quarter (Lunch)
AM: When your arriavl to Xian in the morning, our tour guide and driver will greet you at exit of Xian train station. Your adventure begins with Big Wild Goose Pagoda. On the way to the attraction spot, your guide will introduce the history and culture of this ancient city for you to catch a glimpse of reason why so many well-known relics were discovered on this land.
Big Wild Goose Pagoda was originally built to hold Buddhist sutra and figurines of the Buddha that Xuanzang brought back from India in Tang Dyansty, 652 A.D. Now there is a big square divided into North Square and South Square, surrounding the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. The design of the buildings and statues is in Tang style, showing people the ever glory of that great time. It’s busier in the evening when many activities with Tang elements held by local amateur.
Noon: Lunch in local restaurant.
PM: Bell and Drum Tower Square locates in the very center of the city and is considered as the symbol of this old capital. Walking forward, you will come to Muslim Quarter where you will find many special local products and authentic local snacks. You can enjoy preserved meat, casserole, various noodles, and purcahse some Terracotta Warriors imitation as souvenirs. In the hidden lane of busy Muslim Quarter, Great Mosque stands quitely and peacefully. It’s a major spot for religious activities among the Muslims in Xi’an. It possesses much traditional Chinese architectural elements in its design. For example, you will see Chinese pavilions with painted beams and engraved ridgepoles. Finally, transfer you to hotel for check-in.
Accommodation: Hotel Booked by Us
- Day 3: Xian-Beijing by FlightTerracotta Warriors Museum, Ancient City Wall (Breakfast + Lunch)
AM: Please be ready for the tour today at hotel lobby after breakfast. The first stop is Terracotta Warriors Museum, located 30 km east of the Xi’an City.
Known as “the Eighth Wonders of the World”, it was found by four local farmers while drilling a well in 1974. Now it has turned into one of the most important attractions in China and the No.1 attractive site in Xi’an. The museum includes Pit 1(the largest pit), Pit 2, Pit 3, and the exhibition hall of the chariots and horses. You will stay in the museum for 2-3 hours. Listening to the explanation from the expert tour guide, you will learn the hidden story of those live-sized sculptures and history of their owner: First Emperor of Qin who is also the first emperor of China.
Noon: Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
PM: Then head back to xian downtown area for another hightlight. Ancient City Wall is the most complete preserved and the largest city wall in China. It was built for the military defense in the ancient time. Since it is cycling the city, visitors can ride a bike around the city wall.
After the tour, depart with the guide and driver at Xian airport for flight to Beijing. Upon arrival in Beijing, our local driver (no guide) will hold a name sign and wait for you at the exit of arrival hall. Finish the full day tour with Beijing hotel drop-off.
- Transportation: Beijing-Xian overnight train with soft sleeper (4 berths in 1 cabin); Xian-Beijing economy flights
- Accommodation: 1-night hotel in Xian
- Entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Meal: 1 breakfast included at hotel and 2 lunches listed in the itinerary
- Guide: Excellent English-speaking tour guides in Xian
- Private transfers in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour
- Government taxes
- Any optional activity / battery car / shuttle bus inside the attraction
- Our package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip for any unforeseen circumstance.
- Any item beyond “Pirce includes”
- Gratuities to guide and driver (recommended if you are satisfied with their services)