Maijishan Grottoes Day Tour by Bullet Train from Xian
- Maiji Grottoes, Fuxi Temple
- English speaking guide + Driver + Vehicle + Entrance fee + Train tickets
- Start from $126 per person
On this one day tour, you will travel from Xian to Tianshui to visit Maijishan Grottoes and Fuxi Temple by bullet trains. Maijishan Grottoes is a highlight along the ancient Silk Road, and it is also one of the four great grottoes in China (the other three are Mogao Grottoes in Dunhuang, Yungang Grottoes in Datong, and Longmen Grottoes in Luoyang). When you reach the site, you will be surprised by the honeycomb-like caves on the face of the cliff, and you will explore the caves in a unique way by climbing the plank roads built on the cliff. After visiting Maijishan Grottoes, your guide will accompany you to Fuxi Temple where you will appreciate traditional Chinese buildings and learn the story about Fuxi. We will take care of the train tickets, all transfers, entrance tickets, etc., and you just have fun.
* Savor the splendid Buddhist art at the Maiji Mountain Grottoes, one of the “Four Greatest Grottoes of China”.
* Appreciate traditional Chinese buildings at Fuxi Temple and learn about the story of Fuxi, the originator of mankind in Chinese mythology.
* Enjoy a convenient and fast China bullet train journey in Northwest China.
AM: In the early morning at about 6 am, our driver will pick you up from your Xian downtown hotel and transfer you to Xian North Railway Station to catch D2671/07:35-09:28 or similar train to Tianshui (We will book the train tickets and send them to your hotel in advance, except for special cases such as last-minute booking). Please get off the train at Tian Shui Nan Station.
Our local guide and driver will greet you at the exit of train station and take you to visit the Maiji Grottoes which is 26 km away from the train station. The first grottoes here were excavated during the post-Qin Dynasty (384-417). And in the later dynasties more grottoes were excavated with the development of Buddhism. In June 2014, Maiji Grottoes was listed by UNESCO as World Cultural Heritage site. There are 194 caves and about 7800 Buddha statues preserved in the grottoes. Among all famous Buddhist grottoes in China, Maiji Grottoes is of the most scenic landscape.
Noon: Lunch will be at your own expense (please feel free to ask your guide for suggestions)
PM: After Lunch, you will pay a visit to Fuxi Temple. Fuxi is one of the Three Great Emperors in Chinese legend. He is also one of the ancestors of Chinese nation. The existing architecture was built in the late Qing Dynasty. In the temple you will have a glimpse into the prehistoric period of China.
At the end of the tour, your guide and driver will escort you to Tian Shui Nan Station to take D2694/18:04-19:47 or similar train back to Xian. Our driver in Xian will meet you at the exit of train station by holding a name board and transfer you back to hotel.
Tour Price Per Person
|Travelers||1 People||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People|
|Travelers||6 People||7 People||8 People||9 People||10 People|
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Private transfer in air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and experience driver
- 2nd class Xian – Tianshui bullet train
- One bottle of mineral water per person
- Meals and guide service on the trains
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (Recommended)