This Xian day tour will take you to visit Terracotta Warriors and Horses and Hanyangling Mausoleum on the same day to see the difference in sacrifices for two great emperors of different dynasties: Emperor Jingdi in the Western Han Dynasty and Qinshihuang, the First Emperor of China, in the Qin Dynasty. You will learn a lot about Chinese history and burial culture from an informative guide.
2. Admire pottery figurines carved as servants, riders, and domestic animals, and see a large number of statues and pottery through the glass floor.
3. Be impressed by the spectacular army of over 8,000 terracotta warriors.
AM: At 09:00, our tour guide and driver will pick you up from your downtown hotel. Your first stop will be Hanyangling Mausoleum.It’s the shared Mausoleum by Jingdi, the fourth emperor of the Western Han Dynasty, and his empress Wang. But they have seperate graves inside. You will admire the terracotta figurines carved as servants, riders, and domestic animals, and see the excavation pits which contain hordes of half-hidden statues and crockery through the glass floors.
Noon: Lunch in a local restaurant.
PM: In the afternoon, we will visit the famous Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum. Known as “the Eighth Wonder of the World” and one of the most significant archaeological discoveries in the 20th century, the museum shows a surprisingly high level in sculpture. The splendid battle formation will leave you an impressive memory.
After saying goodbye to the museum, our guide and driver will transfer you back to your hotel.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Typical Chinese lunch
- Private transfer in air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and skillful driver
- One bottle of mineral water per person
- This tour is only for you and your party. No other travelers will join in your group
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)