Daming Palace had an area of about 3.2 square kilometers, almost 4.5 times as large as the Forbidden City. This most magnificent palace complex of Tang Empire was reduced to ruins in the last years of the Tang Dynasty. It witnessed the ups and downs of the empire. This tour will take you to explore this palace and have a deep understanding of the Tang Dynasty. You will also have experience of digging like archaeologists and making a piece of pottery. This tour is an ideal option for families with kids. We really hope you and your family have a great time in Xian and we will be very happy if we can do anything for you.
* In-depth exploration of the most magnificent palace complexes of the Tang Dynasty.
* Interesting experience of digging like archaeologists (only for kids) and making a piece of pottery by yourself.
* Enjoy an amazing 3D movie, Legend of the Daming Palace which relates a love story arising from a piece of the exquisite ancient mural.
Upon your request, our guide and driver will pick you up from your downtown hotel at 9:00 am or 13:00 pm and take you to Daming Palace to have an experience of a lifetime.
Daming Palace was once the political center and symbol of the Tang Dynasty (618 – 907). It was built in the year of 634 and served as a palace for 17 emperors to handle state affairs for more than 200 years. The palace of a large scale and complete layout was called the “peak of Chinese palace architecture” and greatly influenced the design of the famous Forbidden City and even palaces in Asian countries such as Japan and Korea. Unfortunately, it was ruined in the wars in the late Tang Dynasty. The current palace was duplicated according to the original palace. It has become a world cultural heritage site and is cherished by the whole world.
You will enjoy an IMAX 3D movie Legend of the Daming Palace which relates a love story arising from a piece of exquisite ancient mural and will bring you back to the glorious days of the Tang Dynasty. Your guide will lead you to appreciate the unearthed relics in the museum and uncover the stories of the Tang Dynasty you may have never heard of. You will also try digging (only for kids), rubbing and pottery making in Archaeological Discovery Center to experience the fun of making something by yourself.
If meal option is selected, you will savor a hearty Chinese style lunch or dinner. After all the activities, your guide and driver will escort you back to your hotel in a comfortable van, and you just sit back and relax.
- Private transfer in air-conditioned vehicle with experienced driver
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to Daming Palace
- Battery car between museums
- One bottle of mineral water per person
- One meal as lunch or dinner, if option selected
- Road toll, parking fee & gas
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)