Booking this tour you will dig out the essence of traditional Chinese martial arts, as Shaolin Temple is the cradle of Kung Fu. Longmen Grottoes, appeals to countless visitors for its highly valuated status in and out of China. It is the embodiment of royal will and behavior, with strong national religious color. The service of this tour includes entrance fees, accommodation in Luoyang, all hotel transfer and two-way bullet train.
1. Get a glimpse of awe-inspiring Buddhist art at Longmen Grottoes, one of China’s three largest grottoes.
2. Enjoy thousands of historical relics at the Luoyang Museum to gain insight into the basic social facts of ancient China, including primitive, slave and feudal societies.
3. Witness Shaolin monks performing real Kung Fu and learn why the Shaolin Temple is the birthplace of Zen Buddhism in China.
- Day 1: Xian – Luoyang by Bullet TrainLongmen Grottoes, Luoyang Museum (Lunch)
AM: In the early morning from your Xian downtown hotel, the driver will pick you up and drive you to the railway station for the high speed train running to Luoyang. After around 1.5 hours, you will arrive in and be greeted by local guide holding a sign with your name, and then directly head to Longmen Grottoes, which is considered a treasure house of ancient stone-carving art with more than 100,000 stone statues varying from 2cm to 17.14m high. Longmen Grottoes extends for about 1,094 yards along both banks of Yi River and approx. 12 km far away from Luoyang city. It is one of the three most valuable Buddhist Cave and rock carvings in China.
Noon: Lunch at local restaurant.
PM: Later on, we will stop by Luoyang Museum. There are over 1700 historical relics on display in 5 halls. Each hall reflects basic social facts of a period in ancient China like the Primitive Society, the Slavery Society and the Feudal Society.
When the tour is concluded, you will be escorted back to Luoyang local hotel for check in.
Accommodation: Overnight in Luoyang
- Day 2: Luoyang – Beijing by Bullet TrainShaolin Temple (Breakfast+Lunch)
AM: After breakfast, the guide will meet you and take you to Shaolin Temple that is famous for Shaolin Kung Fu. You will have a chance to witness the real Kung Fu performed by Shaolin monks. Shaolin Temple is famous not only as one of China’s most important Buddhist temples but also as the center of Chinese Kung Fu. First constructed in 495, the temple was mainly designed to accommodate Batuo, a famous Indian monk. Now Shaolin Temple is reputed as “the Number One Temple Under Heaven” and also listed as UNESCO World Cultural and Natural Heritage in 2010. The temple is the cradle of the Chinese Zen Buddhism and the Shaolin martial arts.
Noon: Lunch at local restaurant.
PM: Finishing the tour, the guide and driver will transfer you to the railway station for departure. Take bullet train for around 4 hours to Beijing. Upon your arrival, Beijing driver will meet you at the exit of the station, and then send you to your own-booked downtown hotel.
- One night comfortable hotel in Luoyang with breakfast
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in the itinerary
- 2nd class high-speed train of Xian -Luoyang-Beijing
- 2 Chinese lunches
- All private transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- Air-condition car and driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- The above private escorted tour is customized for you, your family, or your friends exclusively. No other travelers will join your group
- Accommodation in Beijing and Xian
- Personal expense