Yellow Flowers Valley is a winding valley situated at the western edge of Huitengxile Grassland in Inner Mongolia. It stretches over 10 kilometers in length, 300 meters in depth, and 100-200 meters in width. The valley is renowned for its stunning landscape and unique geology. During the months of June to September, the valley transforms into a lush green carpet adorned with yellow flowers that bloom across the grassland.
In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about Yellow Flowers Valley, from fast facts to what to see and do, the best time to visit, nearby attractions, and how to get there.
- Location: Yellow Flowers Valley is located at the western end of Huitengxile Grassland in Inner Mongolia.
- Opening time: all day.
- Ticket price: CNY 80 per person.
- Time Needed: about 2-3 hours
- Best time to visit: June to September
- Suited to: nature lovers, photographers, and those who want to experience the beauty of Inner Mongolia’s grasslands.
What to See and Do in Yellow Flowers Valley
Photography enthusiasts will find Yellow Flowers Valley to be an ideal destination, with numerous opportunities to capture stunning shots of the yellow flowers, unique peaks, and vibrant alpine meadows.
Horse riding is another popular activity that visitors can indulge in by renting a horse and riding along the valley.
For those interested in experiencing Mongolian culture, the valley offers a chance to witness traditional Mongolian singing and dancing, as well as the thrilling spectacle of Mongolian archery and wrestling.
Exploring the valley on foot is a great way to take in the breathtaking scenery and enjoy nature’s beauty.
Best time to visit Yellow Flowers Valley
Yellow Flowers Valley is at its most beautiful from June to September when the grassland is transformed into a lush green carpet adorned with yellow flowers. During this time, the average temperature is approximately 18°C (64°F), but there can be significant temperature fluctuations between day and night. It is recommended to bring a light jacket for night activities and to apply sunscreen to protect your skin from the intense sunlight.
Attractions nearby Yellow Flowers Valley
- Yellow Flowers Geological Park is a major attraction within Huitengxile Grassland, offering visitors a glimpse of the beautiful natural alpine meadow and the stunning Yellow Flowers Valley.
- Gegentala Grassland, situated in the northern region of Inner Mongolia, is known for its vast expanse and breathtaking beauty and is also home to numerous Mongolian nomads.
- Lake Dai, located in the heart of Gegentala Grassland, is renowned for its crystal-clear waters and picturesque scenery, making it a must-visit destination for nature enthusiasts.
How to Get to Yellow Flowers Valley
The most convenient mode of transportation to reach Yellow Flowers Valley is by car, as it is just a two-hour drive from Hohhot1. For those who prefer public transportation, a bus from Hohhot to Huitengxile Grassland is available, followed by hiring a car or taxi to reach Yellow Flowers Valley.