Hop on a transformative 2-day Yan’an Tour from Xi’an, immersing yourself in rich cultural and historical experiences. Visit the Yellow Emperor Mausoleum, paying homage to a legendary figure in Chinese history. Marvel at the majestic Hukou Waterfall and explore the revolutionary heritage at the Zaoyuan Revolutionary Site of Yan’an. Ascend Baota Hill for panoramic views of the city. This journey promises a blend of cultural insight and natural wonders, offering a comprehensive exploration of Yan’an’s significance in China’s past and present.
2. Learn the story of China’s revolutionary period by visiting Date Garden and Yan’an Revolution Memorial Hall.
3. Get a glimpse of the residence of the founder of the People’s Republic of China and the older generation of revolutionaries – Yangjialing.
4. Have a far look of the must-see attraction of Yan’an – Pagoda Hill.
- Day 1: Xian - Yanan by CarYellow Emperor Mausoleum, Hukou Waterfall (Lunch)
In the morning, our excellent English-speaking tour guide will pick you up from the lobby of your own booked hotel within the downtown area of Xian and then transfer you to Yan’an which is about 350 kilometers away. On the way to Yan’an, visit the Yellow Emperor Mausoleum. The Yellow Emperor Mausoleum, also called Huangdiling, is the tomb of the Yellow Emperor, a legendary Chinese sovereign and cultural hero who is considered in Chinese mythology to be the ancestor of all Han Chinese.
After having the Chinese-style lunch, head to the wonder of the Yellow River, the Hukou Waterfall. Hukou Waterfall is the only yellow waterfall in the world and it is the second biggest waterfall in China. The river narrows and cascades dramatically into a stone pond more than 30 meters below, creating the famous Hukou Waterfalls. After that drive to Yan’an and check in at the local hotel.
Accommodation: Local Hotel
- Day 2: Yanan - Xian by CarZao Yuan Revolution Memorial Site, Yan’an Revolution Memorial Hall, Yangjialing, Pagoda Hill (Lunch)
Highlight morning excursion today starts with Zao Yuan Revolution Memorial Site (Date Garden) which was the site of the CCP Secretariat during the revolutionary period. Afterwards, moved to visit the Yan'an Revolution Memorial Hall to learn about the CCP's revolutionary work in Yan'an from 1935 to 1948.
In the afternoon, continue to visit Yangjialing where the older generation of revolutionaries, such as Mao Zedong, the founder of the People’s Republic of China, Premier Zhou Enlai, Zhu De, and Liu Shaoqi made their residence there. At last, have a far look at Pagoda Hill (Bao Ta Shan), a must-see spot situated the southeast of Yan'an. This pagoda has nine stories and is 44 meters in height. The tablet's face remains complete, which makes it a precious artifact. The mountain now has become "Mt. Baota Park" and a landmark of Yan'an.
After the visits, you will be transferred back to your Xian hotel.
- The entrance tickets as mentioned in the itinerary (exclude the entrance tickets to Pagoda Hill)
- Chinese typical lunch
- Local hotel in Yan’an
- All transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- Air-condition car and driver, English-speaking tour guide
- One bottle of mineral water per day
- Personal expense
- Hotel in Xian and any airfare or train fare
- Gratuities (recommended)