It is no exaggeration that Xian is the best place to see the longest history of China. 13 Chinese dynasties once established their capitals here leaving us numerous historical relics. But you may not know Xian also is a food lover’s heaven with lots of unique and delicious foods. This 4 days tour will show you the profound historical and cultural deposit of Xian by visiting the Terracotta Warriors, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, City Wall, and Xian Museum, and allow you to savor foods like Pita Bread Soaked in Lamb/Beef Soup and biang biang noodles. You will also have chance to learn how to make dumplings in a local family. Join this cultural and culinary tour to travel off the beaten track and have a different experience in Xian.
1. Try Hai Di Lao Hot Pot Restaurant, the best-known hot pot restaurant in China, with a cool “Noodle Dance” show.
2. Explore the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites – Terracotta Warriors and Giant Wild Goose Pagoda, and hear the rewarding stories behind them.
3. Have a chance to take a lesson on dumpling making or famous Chinese cuisine cooking in a local family.
4. Watch Qin Opera show, taste authentic local food, and try milling flour, waving cloth, making vinegar in Yuanjiacun Village.
5. Go to a theater to taste delicious dumping dinner and enjoy spectacular Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show.
- Day 1: Xian Arrival (No Meal)
Upon your arrival in Xian, our local driver will greet you at Xian airport by holding a welcome board with your name and then transfer you to your downtown hotel. The rest of the day is at your disposal.
If time allows, we recommend you try Hai Di Lao Hot Pot Restaurant, the best known hot pot restaurant in China. We recommend the branch in Saige Shopping Mall or the one in North Square of Big Wild Goose Pagoda so you can either do some shopping or walk around for sightseeing because customers usually need to wait for about 30 minutes or longer before having hot pot.
- Day 2: XianBig Wild Goose Pagoda, City Wall, Xian Museum, Muslim Quarter (Breakfast + Lunch)
AM: In the morning, your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel and escort you to the first stop Big Wild Goose Pagoda, a place to worship Buddha. The pagoda was originally built to hold the sutras and Buddha statues that Xuanzang brought back to China from India. Now there is a big garden around the pagoda where people can have a nice walk. Afterward, you will visit ancient Xian City Wall, the largest and best-preserved ancient city wall in China. The guide will introduce how it worked as an effective military defense system in cold weapon times.
Noon: You have two choices for lunch:
1. Visit a local family and have lunch with the family. You will have a lesson on dumpling making or famous Chinese cuisine cooking. If you like, you also can prepare the lunch with the host and enjoy your fruits of labor.
2. Have lunch in Laosunjia Restaurant where you could try the best Pita Bread Soaked in Lamb/Beef Soup. Other local foods like noodles and cold dishes are also worth trying.
PM: In the afternoon, pay a visit to Xi’an Museum. The large numbers of historical & cultural relics in the museum will tell you the history of Xi’an. Next, take a walk on Muslim Quarter to explore the best known food street in Xian. You will find lots of local snacks here. Our guide will introduce and recommend food and restaurant according to your interest.
- Day 3: XianYuanjiacun Village, Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Dumpling Dinner, Tang Dynasty Show (Breakfast + Dinner)
AM: In the morning, the guide and driver will pick you up at the hotel to start a folk culture & local food tour. We will drive about 1.5 hours to Yuajiacun Village which is free of charge. You will have chance to watch Qin Opera Show, taste authentic local food, and try milling flour, waving cloth, making vinegar, and grinding soybean to make Tofu (Bean Curd). There are lots of local eateries in the village. Our guide will recommend some best ones when wandering in street. We will not arrange lunch in fixed restaurant.
Noon: We will leave lunch on your own so you can try as many kinds of local food as you like.
PM:In the afternoon, we will drive to the famous Terracotta Warriors and Horses. The museum has three pits with a total area of 22,780 square meters. Known as “the Eighth Wonder of the World” and one of the most significant archaeological discoveries in the 20th century, the terracotta warriors and horses show a surprisingly high level in craftsmanship and sculpture.
Evening: In the evening, you will go to a theater to taste delicious dumping dinner and enjoy spectacular Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show. The show will end at about 21:10. The guide and driver will escort you back to hotel.
- Day 4: Xian Departure (Breakfast)
Our local driver will pick you up at your hotel lobby and transfer you to the airport according to your flight schedule.
- Entrance tickets for all attractions mentioned in the itinerary
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner mentioned in the itinerary
- 3-night hotel with breakfast
- All transfers among airports, sites, and hotels in a private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced licensed driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Personal expenses and optional activities such as bike riding on the City Wall