Yellow Emperor Mausoleum Day Tour from Xian
- Yellow Emperor Mausoleum, Xuanyuan Temple.
- English speaking guide + Driver + Vehicle + Entrance fee + Bottled water
- Start from $79 per person
Have you heard of the story of Yellow Emperor, the initiator of Chinese civilization? It is said that Yellow Emperor and Yan Emperor defeated Chiyou tribe 5000 years ago and established Chinese nation, formerly called Huaxia nationality. And he is basically omnipotent, practicing medicine, inventing well, building houses, making weapons, etc. This tour will take you to Yellow Emperor Mausoleum and Xuanyuan Temple to know about Yellow Emperor in details. The place is not only a mausoleum but also a spiritual home of Chinese people. Because the sites are far from Xian, you will stay in the car for 6.5-8 hours in total, which will be a good chance to see the Loess Plateau in Northern Shaanxi Province.
* Visit the sites honoring the Yellow Emperor, the founder of Chinese civilization.
* Explore the cypresses surrounding the tomb, which are said to have been planted by the emperor himself over 5,000 years ago.
* Listen to the interesting mythological story of how the Yellow Emperor settled in the Central Plains told by the guide.
AM: In the morning, our guide and driver will meet you at your Xian downtown hotel and we will drive 200 km (about 3.5 hours) northward to Yellow Emperor Mausoleum. In Chinese legend, Yellow emperor is the ancestor of all Chinese people. On each Tomb Sweeping Day, local government will hold sacrificial ceremony to pay respect to the legendary initiator of Chinese civilization, and many domestic and overseas Chinese people come to honor our ancestor. The mausoleum area is ideal for both sightseeing and Chinese culture learning.
Noon: Lunch will be at your own expense (please feel free to ask your guide for suggestions)
PM: In the afternoon, you will pay a visit to Xuanyuan Temple. The temple was originally built in the Han Dynasty (202BC-220AD) in memory of the Yellow Emperor. The existing architecture was built in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) and the later years.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to hotel at about 19:00.
Tour Price ($=USD)
From $219 P.P, which is based on a private tour for 2 people. The price varies depending on the activity, number of people, travel date, and selected hotel.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Private transfer in air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and experienced driver
- One bottle of mineral water per person
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (Recommended)