Chengdu is really the kingdom of pandas! The giant panda breeding scientific research institution completely simulates the wild living environment of giant pandas, with lakes, streams, bamboo forests, lawns, etc., raising more than 100 giant pandas. There is a giant panda museum near the gate, where you can post postcards with the panda postmark at the Panda State Post Office, and you can watch documentaries about giant pandas in the cinema. In addition to giant pandas, you can also see small animals such as black-necked cranes, peacocks, and herons. The sun delivery room and the moon delivery room have gathered the cutest baby panda that were just born and a few months old. In this tour tourists will get intimate touch with lovely pandas. All the 8 hours will be exclusively about panda.
*Watch a documentary about panda.
*Clean panda’s room and sports places.
*Post postcards with the panda postmark at the Panda State Post Office.
Start from your hotel at around 07:30, after 1 hour driving, you’ll arrive at Dujiangyan Panda Base, which is the only scientific research institution in China that focuses on preventing and controlling panda disease and rescuing pandas from the wild. Here you will see the fluffy black and white giant pandas sleeping, chewing bamboo, climbing trees and wrestling with each other.
Be greeted by a professional panda keeper who also will give you brief introduction about pandas, your volunteering day begins!
The main volunteering activities include:
* After changing into work clothes, clean the pandas’ rooms and activity sites and carry fresh bamboo under the guidance of the panda nursing staff.
* Visit the panda villa to learn about the habits of giant pandas.
* Have lunch at the panda base to enjoy the authentic local dishes.
* Watch a documentary to get further insight into pandas’ origin and tempers.
* Witness how the keepers take care of the pandas on a daily basis on the spot.
* Make steamed bread of corn for pandas.
* Get your Panda Volunteer Certificate.
The volunteering activity ends around 15:30. After that, transfer back to your hotel.
* The panda volunteering fee is CNY750/pax which was NOT included in our tour package, please pay in cash when you arrive at the site.
* Today you will have lunch at the panda base to enjoy the real local dishes.
* The volunteering activity needs reserve 1 week ahead of your visit date by using your passport. Please send the copy of your passport to your travel consultant for reservation.