Explore the rich history, culture, and cuisine of Quanzhou in this 3-day tour. Uncover its maritime heritage by visiting the museum, temple, mosque, and ancient bridge. Immerse yourself in the local folk culture of fishing villages like Xunpu and Hui’an Dazha, where you’ll witness unique houses, boats, costumes, and hairstyles. Indulge in fresh seafood and learn about Tieguanyin tea in Anxi, the homeland of oolong tea. Discover the well-preserved walled town of Chongwu, built in the Ming Dynasty to fend off pirates, and savor the diverse flavors of Quanzhou’s Minnan cuisine. This tour ensures an unforgettable experience of Quanzhou’s essence.
2. Experience the local folk culture and lifestyle of the fishing villages, such as Xunpu and Hui’an Dazha, where you will see the unique houses, boats, costumes, and hairdos of the villagers, and taste some fresh seafood.
3. Learn how to make and taste the famous Tieguanyin tea in Anxi, the hometown of oolong tea, by visiting a tea farm and enjoying the tea and the scenery.
4. Explore the ancient and well-preserved walled town of Chongwu, which was built in the Ming Dynasty to defend against pirates, by walking along the stone walls and the watchtowers, and visiting the stone carving park.
5. Savor the delicious and diverse food of Quanzhou, which is a true taste of Minnan cuisine.
- Day 1: Xiamen to AnxiTea Farm, Quanzhou Tour
In the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel in Xiamen and drive to Anxi County, which is famous for producing Tieguanyin tea, one of the most popular types of oolong tea in China. You will visit a tea farm and learn how to make Tieguanyin tea from the local tea farmers and also get a chance to taste the fresh and fragrant tea and appreciate the beautiful scenery of the tea fields.
In the afternoon, you will continue your journey to Quanzhou City, once a major maritime Silk Road port and a cultural melting pot of different religions and ethnic groups. Get impressed by some delicious local food, such as Quanzhou noodles, meat dumplings, and peanut soup, and experience the rich and diverse culture of this ancient city.
In the evening, you will check in to your hotel in Quanzhou and have a good rest.
- Day 2: Quanzhou DiscoveryQuanzhou Overseas Transportation History Museum, Kaiyuan Temple, Qingjing Mosque, Xunpu Fishing Village, Luoyang Bridge
After breakfast, you will start your exploration of Quanzhou’s historical and cultural heritage.
First visit the Quanzhou Overseas Transportation History Museum, which displays the relics and models of the ships, navigation tools, and trade goods that were used in the maritime Silk Road. You will learn about the history and development of Quanzhou’s overseas trade and its connections with other countries and regions.
Next, head to Kaiyuan Temple, the largest and oldest Buddhist temple in Fujian Province. You will admire the magnificent architecture and the exquisite stone carvings of the temple, and see the two towering stone pagodas, which are the landmarks of Quanzhou.
You will also visit the Qingjing Mosque, the oldest Arab-style mosque in China, which was built by Muslim merchants from the Middle East in the 10th century.
In the afternoon, continue your Quanzhou discovery with a visit to Xunpu Fishing Village, a unique and charming village that is built on oyster shells. You will see the distinctive houses and boats of the villagers, who are mainly engaged in oyster farming and fishing. One of the most striking features of Xunpu Fishing Village is the elaborate hairdos of the women, who wear fresh flowers in their hair as a symbol of their identity and status.
After that, you will visit the Luoyang Bridge, the oldest stone bridge in China that crosses the sea. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy the beautiful view of the sea and the sunset from the bridge.
In the evening, you will return to your hotel in Quanzhou and have a relaxing night.
- Day 3: Quanzhou Exploration & DepartureChongwu Ancient Town, Stone Carving Park, Hui'an Dazha Fishing Village
After breakfast, check out from your hotel and drive to Chongwu Ancient Town, a well-preserved walled town that was built in the Ming Dynasty to defend against pirates. You will walk along the stone walls and the watchtowers, and feel the atmosphere of ancient times.
Followed by a visit to the Stone Carving Park, which showcases various stone sculptures of people, animals, and plants, and reflects the folk culture and customs of Chongwu.
Next, visit the Hui'an Dazha Fishing Village, a picturesque village that is famous for its women, who wear distinctive costumes and hats, and work as fishermen and stone carvers. You will see the daily life and activities of the villagers, and admire their skills and spirit.
In the afternoon, you will be transferred to the railway station or airport for your departure. You will bid farewell to Quanzhou and end your memorable 3-day tour.