Taking a small group tour to visit a city is an ideal way to see the most popular attractions of the city at a lower cost. If your group is less than 4 people, this tour will save quite some money. On the first day, you will visit the 2,000-year-old underground terracotta army guarding the tomb of China’s first emperor and explore Banpo Museum to see the life of primitive people. On the second day, you will visit the tranquil Small Wild Goose Pagoda, enjoy exquisite collections at Xian Museum, wander around bustling squares, check off the Ming Dynasty City Wall, and taste delicious local snacks at the vibrant Muslim Quarter. Join this hassle-free tour to get an insight into this ancient capital’s history, culture, and people’s lives.
2. Pedal atop the well-preserved ramparts, absorbing panoramic views of the city’s juxtaposition of ancient and modern architecture.
3. Navigate bustling markets, sampling aromatic street food, and experiencing the vibrant cultural tapestry of Xian’s Muslim community.
- Day 1: Terracotta Warriors & Banpo Museum Bus TourTerracotta Warriors and Horses, Banpo Museum (Lunch)
In the morning, we will drive about 1 hour to the Terracotta Warriors Museum, built around 210 BCE. In the pits of the Terracotta Army, visitors can witness thousands of lifelike clay figurines, including infantry, cavalry, chariots, and generals. Each figurine displays a unique expression. The exquisite craftsmanship of these terracotta figures not only showcases the grandeur of ancient military forces but also reflects the artistic and technological advancements of the society at that time.
After lunch, continue to visit the Banpo Neolithic Village. This New Stone Age site, dating from approximately 5,000 to 4,000 B.C., is one of the most complete examples of a Neolithic agricultural settlement in the world.
After the visit, transfer you back to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in city area booked by yourself
- Day 2: Xian City Sightseeing Bus TourSmall Wild Goose Pagoda, North Square of Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Xian Ancient City Wall, Bell & Drum Tower Square, Muslim Quarter (Lunch)
The tour guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby, providing a warm welcome and a brief overview of the day's itinerary. The tour will begin with the Small Wild Goose Pagoda. It is named for its shape, resembling the Big Wild Goose Pagoda but smaller in size. In contrast to the bustling atmosphere of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the Small Wild Goose Pagoda is much quieter. You will marvel at the ancient architecture and learn about the historical significance of this well-preserved structure. Your guide will share tales of its past, offering insight into China's rich heritage. Following that, our next destination will be the North Square of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, where we'll appreciate the pagoda from afar and relish a stroll across the square.
After lunch, we'll head to Xian Ancient City Wall. Also known as the Ming City Wall, the City Wall is one of the most complete and grand ancient city walls preserved in China. Originally built during the Ming Dynasty and subjected to multiple renovations, it retains the unique characteristics of ancient defensive systems. The wall features spacious city paths, allowing visitors to ride bicycles or stroll, providing a panoramic view of the ancient city. At night, the wall is illuminated by lights, creating a magnificent night scene and becoming one of the landmarks in the city of Xi'an. After that, you will stroll around the Bell Tower and Drum Tower Square. Then, find some special local products and snacks in the Muslim Quarter.
At the end of the tour, your guide and driver will take you back to your hotel.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in the itinerary
- Simple lunch on both days
- Transfer in air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and experienced driver
- Personal expenses and optional activities such as bike riding on the City Wall
- Gratuities (recommended)
- A minimum of 2 people are required to operate the tour.
- The cost is based on pick-up and drop-off at the Xian downtown hotel. If you arrive in or depart Xian by train on the day and need a train station transfer, the extra cost is CNY100 per way for Xi'an Railway Station and CNY200 per way for Xian North Train Station.
- The itineraries of two days may be done in inverse order according to the booking of other tourists, but we promise you will visit all mentioned sites except for force majeure.