As a popular tourist city, Shanghai is not only renowned for its high modernization, but also for its charming and splendid night scenery, such as the unique foreign architecture complex of the bund and light shows, the modern and magnificent skyscrapers of Lujiazui, the night scenery of nanpu and yangpu Bridges and so on. And there is a saying going like “The best place to enjoy the night view of pujiang river is not on the bund, but on the cruise ship of pujiang river”, so taking a Huangpu River Cruise is a must-try travel item for tourists, which will bring a wonderful travel experience for tourists.
Basic Facts about the Huangpu River Cruise:
There are different cruise routes, so tourists can choose which one to take depending on their preferences.
- Highlight Route
Main routes: Shiliupu wharf → Yangpu bridge → Shiliupu wharf
Qinhuangdao wharf → Shiliupu wharf → Qinhuangdao wharf
Boarding place: Shiliupu wharf: No. 481, =Zhongshan East 2nd Road
Qinhuangdao dock: No. 32, Qinhuangdao Road
Operation time: Shiliupu wharf: 11:00-18:00 with an hour intervals
18:00-22:00 with 20-minute intervals
Qinhuangdao wharf: 18:50-21:55 with 20-minute intervals
Duration: 1 hour
Tourists attractions along the cruise tour: unique foreign architecture complex in puxi, the Oriental pearl tower in pudong, Jinmao tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai tower and other landmark buildings in Lujiazui, etc.
Ticket sales: CNY 120 per person (Shiliupu and Qinhuangdao wharf both have ticket office)
- Special Route
Pujiang Tour No.1
The largest cruise ship on the Huangpu River, “Pujiang tour 1” (dragon-boat), is the only cruise ship with 1,000 passengers on the Huangpu River, which can accommodate 500 tourists for dinner at the same time. The design and decoration of the whole ship contain the concept of Chinese style. The prow of the ship is like a dragon rising high above the water to lead the cruise ship forward couragely, which has four stories, and the first to third floor are indoor with the sun deck on the fourth floor.
Cruise route: Qinhuangdao wharf-turn back near at Lupu Bridge-Qinhuangdao wharf
Boarding place: Qinhuangdao Wharf
Operation time: 19：00-21:00 (boarding and dining is available from 17:30) only once a day
Duration: 2 hours
Tourists attractions along the cruise tour: unique foreign architecture complex in Puxi, the Oriental pearl tower in Pudong, Jinmao tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, Nanpu bridge, Lupu bridge, etc.
Cruise route: Qichangzhan wharf-turn back near at Nanpu Bridge- Qichangzhan wharf
Boarding place: Qichangzhan Wharf(No.1658, Riverside Avenue)
Operation time: 18:30-20:00 only once a day
Duration: 1.5 hours
Tourists attractions along the cruise tour: unique foreign architecture complex in puxi, the Oriental pearl tower in Pudong, Jinmao tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai Tower, Nanpu bridge, etc.
The “Pujiang Tour No.2” is one of the special boats for the Shanghai World Expo, which has a capacity of 450 passengers with three stories. The shape of the cruise ship integrates the modern industrial elements and the connotation of Shanghai culture.
Cruise route: Shiliupu wharf (area A)-Wusongkou-Shiliupu wharf(area A)
Boarding place: Shiliupu wharf
Operation time: 11:30-15:00 only once a day at Saturday and Sunday
Duration: 4 hours
Tourists attractions along the cruise tour: unique foreign architecture complex in puxi, the Oriental pearl tower in Pudong, Jinmao tower, Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai Tower, Yangpu bridge, Wusongkou Fort, Monument to Shanghai people’s heroes, Yangtze Estuary, etc.
Ticket sales: CNY 350 per person (Shiliupu wharf has the ticket office.)
Custom-made route and featured cruise ships:
- “Quanqiutong”Cruise Ship : It is the most luxury cruise ship on the huangpu river at present, and also is one of the cruise ships with the largest glass area in China with wonderful sightseeing experience. The tourist capacity of it is 400, which can accommodate 300 people dining at the same time.
- “Shengrong International”Cruise Ship: It is the only imported cruise ship on the huangpu river, carrying 250 passengers. The first to third floors are indoor and the fourth floor is a sun deck.
- “Emerald princess”Cruise Ship: It can carry 450 passengers with excellent view, which is equipped with a large LED screen wall in the banquet hall and the second floor has a 180° viewing hall with an open deck on the third deck.
- “Clivia”Cruise Ship: It is equipped with advanced facilities like the five-star hotel standard, which can carry 402 passengers, especially suitable for business activities.
- “Huangpu”Cruise Ship: It has the classical and elegant style of Europe in the 18th century, which can carry 450 passengers.
- “Mingxin”Cruise Ship: The appearance is simple and novel, carrying 300 people. The first floor is a spacious and bright multi-functional hall, and the second floor has a luxurious living room and bar, and the third floor is a sunny viewing platform.
“Pingan heying” Cruise Ship: with the European classic decoration and luxury interior decoration, it can carry 450 people with three stories. The first and second floor are cabins, and the third floor is the sun deck.