Discover the best of both worlds in Xiamen and Wuyi Mountain on this enriching 4-day tour. Begin with Xiamen’s coastal delights and historic sites before journeying to Wuyi Mountain’s stunning landscapes. Explore Gulangyu Island’s picturesque spots and Wuyi’s karst terrain, climb Tianyou Peak, float down Jiuqu Stream, and learn about Fujian’s tea culture. Round off your experience at Xiamei Village, embracing the traditions of the Hakka people. This adventure promises an unforgettable fusion of culture and natural beauty in Fujian province.
2. Take a ferry to Gulangyu Island, a picturesque island that is known as the “Garden on the Sea”, and explore its various colonial architectures and coastal beauty.
3. Take a high-speed train to Wuyi Mountain, a World Natural and Cultural Heritage site, and enjoy the karst landscape of Mount Wuyi, with peaks, valleys, streams, caves, and other attractions.
4. Experience the Fujian tea culture in Da Hong Pao Scenic Area, where you can learn about the history and legend of the world-famous Wuyi rock tea, and taste the authentic Da Hong Pao tea
5. Float down Jiuqu Stream, a winding stream that runs along the core scenic area of Wuyi Mountain, and admire various scenic spots.
6. Visit Xiamei Village, a well-preserved ancient village that was built in the Ming and Qing Dynasties, and experience the life and culture of the Hakka people in northern Fujian.
- Day 1: Arrival in Xiamen and Discovering the CitySouth Putuo Temple, Gulangyu Island
Upon your arrival in Xiamen, whether by plane or high-speed train, relish the coastal city's stunning vistas and pleasant climate.
Commence your expedition with a visit to South Putuo Temple, a historically significant Buddhist temple dating back to the Tang Dynasty. It boasts splendid halls, a library, and a bell tower. Embrace the botanical garden and relish a meal at the temple's vegetarian restaurant.
Later in the day, board a ferry to Gulangyu Island, renowned as the "Garden on the Sea." Wander through its charming alleys, admiring diverse architectural styles – Chinese, Western, and Japanese. Hike up Sunlight Rock, the island's highest point, Shuzhuang Garden, a beautiful seaside garden that blends the features of Chinese and Western gardens, and Piano Museum, a unique museum that displays hundreds of antique pianos from different countries and eras.
After the visit, take the ferry back to Xiamen.
Optional evening activity: Take a stroll along Zhongshan Road Pedestrian Street, soaking in the vibrant ambiance of Xiamen. Delight in local delicacies such as satay noodles, jellyfish salad, and peanut soup.
- Day 2: Xiamen to Wuyi MountainTianyou Peak, Yunwo and Tea Cave
In the morning, travel from Xiamen to Wuyi Mountain via high-speed train, reveling in the scenic beauty of northern Fujian. Upon arrival at Wuyishan train station, meet your guide and driver. Check into a hotel nestled at the base of Wuyi Mountain.
After a brief rest, embark on exploring this World Natural and Cultural Heritage site. Ascend Tianyou Peak, the mountain's highest point, offering a panoramic view of the entire area and its cloud-kissed peaks. Visit Yunwo and Tea Cave, mystical caves housing exquisite stalactites and ancient tea trees believed to be the predecessors of Da Hong Pao tea.
Optional evening activity: Witness "Impression Da Hong Pao," a breathtaking live performance utilizing Wuyi Mountain's natural landscape, lighting, and sound effects to showcase its history, culture, and legends.
- Day 3: Discovering Wuyi MountainJiuqu Stream, Wuyi Palace and Song Street, Tiger Roaring Rock, Shuilian Cave
Begin your day by floating down Jiuqu Stream (Nine Bends Stream) on a bamboo raft, meandering through the core scenic area of Wuyi Mountain. Next, explore Wuyi Palace and Song Street, pivotal cultural sites of Wuyi Mountain. Delve into the history and customs of the area at Wuyi Palace, a Taoist temple from the Tang Dynasty. Wander Song Street, an ancient commercial hub during the Song Dynasty, where you can buy specialties like Wuyi rock tea and bamboo crafts.
Continue your exploration by seeing more attractions in Wuyi Mountain, like the stunning Yixiantian gorge and the unique Tiger Roaring Rock, said to resemble a roaring tiger. Explore the famous Da Hong Pao Scenic Area, home to six ancient tea trees known as the "World Tea King," protected by red robes. Finish your journey by visiting Shuilian Cave, where a water curtain reflects the outside view, creating a mesmerizing experience.
- Day 4: Wuyi Mountain & DepartureXiamei Village
In the morning, visit Xiamei Village, a well-preserved ancient village reflecting Ming and Qing Dynasty architecture. Immerse yourself in the life and culture of the Hakka people while savoring Hakka delicacies like braised pork with preserved vegetables and stuffed tofu.
In the afternoon, depart from Wuyishan airport or train station, concluding your 4-day journey through Xiamen and Wuyi Mountain, taking home cherished memories of your adventures as you return to your destination.