Indulge in a leisurely morning before commencing your tour post-lunch, where you’ll be captivated by the ancient Chinese craftsmen’s impeccable techniques and moved by the poignant love story of Emperor Xuanzong and Lady Yang. Opt for this tour to unveil the concealed narratives surrounding the Terracotta Warriors and gain insights into the lives of ancient Chinese emperors, expertly narrated by a knowledgeable guide. Immerse yourself in history and romance, making your visit to this iconic site a truly enriching and unforgettable experience.
2. Admire over 8,000 life-size terracotta soldiers, 130 chariots, and 670 war horses of Qin Shi Huang’s funeral art.
3. Get a glimpse of the hidden stories of ancient Chinese emperors and terracotta warriors and experience the splendid culture of the Tang Dynasty.
Your adventure begins as your guide picks you up from your downtown hotel at 14:00. Board the comfortable transport that will take you eastwards towards the first destination of the day.
Follow your guide into the ancient world at the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, which is proof of the unparalleled craftsmanship of the Qin Dynasty (221-207 BC). Guarding the mausoleum of Emperor Qin Shi Huang, the life-sized terracotta army stands as a silent army frozen in time. Each soldier, meticulously crafted with distinct features, reflects the artistic mastery of a bygone era. Unearth the secrets of this archaeological marvel with your guide’s expertise, unveiling the historical significance of this imperial burial site.
Marvel at the intricate details that encapsulate the soldiers’ individuality, from their facial expressions to their intricate armor. As you traverse the exhibition halls, witness the silent army poised for eternity, a captivating tableau of ancient China’s military might and artistic brilliance.
Dinner: After an enlightening visit to the museum, indulge in a delicious Chinese dinner at a nearby restaurant. Savor the flavors of local cuisine, which is sure to be a delightful culinary experience.
As twilight sets in, arrive at the storied Huaqing Palace, where the air is steeped in tales of imperial romance. Against this backdrop, immerse yourself in “The Song of Everlasting Sorrow,” a theatrical masterpiece that unfolds the tragic love story between Emperor Xuanzong and Lady Yang.
The open-air stage breathes life into ancient legends, with graceful performances and vibrant costumes transporting you to a time when love and sorrow intermingled in the imperial court. The poignant narrative, set against the historic Huaqing Palace, offers a sensory feast of sight and sound, leaving an indelible mark on your Xi’an experience.
As the final curtain falls, your guide and driver escort you back to your hotel at approximately 22:00, concluding a day enriched with the cultural wonders and historical treasures of Xi’an.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in the itinerary
- Private transfer in an air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and skillful driver
- One bottle of mineral water per person
- Chinese dinner
- This tour is only for you and your party. No other travelers will join your group
- Personal expense
- Gratuities (recommended)
- The Song of Everlasting Sorrow is very popular in each peak season especially from July to October. We suggest you book this tour at least 7 days in advance, or the tour may have to be canceled if tickets are sold out.