Xian used to be the capital of 13 ancient Chinese dynasties, which left a wealth of historical sites including the unparalleled Terracotta Warriors and Horses. But Xian also has many other places well worth visiting such as the informative Hanyangling Museum, majestic City Wall, bustling Muslim Street, and ancient Small Wild Goose Pagoda. On this 2-day Xian small group tour, you will travel in the company of a local knowledgeable and accommodating English-speaking tour guide and may meet some interesting people from all over the world. Contact us right now to save yourself the trouble of planning a tour and have a wonderful experience in Xian.
2. Discover the historical charm of Small Wild Goose Pagoda, immersed in Xian’s rich cultural tapestry.
3. Optionally ride a bike on the impressive Xian City Wall, capturing panoramic views and delving into the city’s history.
4. Visit Bell Tower and Drum Tower Square, where historical landmarks echo the city’s vibrant past.
5. Stroll through the lively Muslim Quarter, indulging in delicious snacks and absorbing the energetic atmosphere of the bustling markets.
- Day 1: Terracotta Warriors & Hanyangling Museum Bus TourTerracotta Warriors and Horses, Hanyangling Museum (Lunch)
Your tour guide will pick you up from your downtown hotel in the morning and then drive 1 hour to the first stop - Terracotta Warriors and Horses, a UNESCO World Heritage site, hailed as the "Eighth Wonder of the World." Follow your guide to explore Pit 1, Pit 2, and Pit 3 to witness thousands of lifelike terracotta warriors, experiencing the grandeur of the Qin Dynasty. In addition, the Terracotta Army Museum displays a wealth of artifacts and historical materials, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of the history and culture of the Qin Dynasty. After that, you will be transferred to a local restaurant for lunch.
In the afternoon, we will head to the famous Hanyangling Museum, a national AAAA-level tourist attraction, which is the mausoleum of Emperor Jing of Han, Liu Qi, and Empress Wang. The construction of this mausoleum began in 153 BCE and was completed after 28 years. Here, you can admire the magnificent scenery of the royal mausoleum of the Han Dynasty and appreciate its rich historical and cultural significance. Additionally, the burial pits and unearthed artifacts at Hanyangling are noteworthy, providing a deeper insight into the history and culture of the Han Dynasty. By the way, on the way to Hanyangling Museum, you will pass by Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum and have a glimpse of it in the car. Through today's tour, you may get some knowledge of Chinese imperial burial culture.
At the end of the tour, transfer you back to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in city area booked by yourself
- Day 2: Xian City Sightseeing Bus TourSmall Wild Goose Pagoda, North Square of Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Xian Ancient City Wall, Bell & Drum Tower Square, Muslim Quarter (Lunch)
Today's tour will begin with the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, located within the Jianfu Temple, also known as the "Jianfu Temple Pagoda." Alongside the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, it stands as a significant symbol preserved from the Tang Dynasty in Chang'an. The Small Wild Goose Pagoda and the ancient Bell in Jianfu Temple are collectively known as the "Morning Bell of the Small Wild Goose Pagoda," one of the "Eight Scenes of Guanzhong." Within this scenic area, you will also visit the Xi'an Museum, which houses a collection of 111,928 items, including 11,029 precious artifacts such as Tang tri-colored pottery, bronze Buddha statues, jade artifacts, calligraphy, and paintings. After that, we'll proceed to the North Square of Big Wild Goose Pagoda to appreciate the pagoda from afar and take a stroll on the square.
In the afternoon, your guide will take you to the Ancient City Wall. The Xi'an City Wall is one of the most complete ancient city wall structures in China and serves as an iconic landmark in Xi'an. The wall has a circumference of approximately 13.7 kilometers, forming a rectangular shape. It stands 12 meters tall, with a top width of 12-14 meters and a bottom width of 15-18 meters. Upon ascending the wall, you can stroll or ride a bike along it, not only experiencing the historical and cultural heritage of Xi'an but also witnessing the modern charm of this ancient capital.
Next, you will stroll around the Bell Tower and Drum Tower Square. It is located at the intersection of the four main streets running east, west, south, and north. To the east of the square stands the historic Bell Tower, which has a history of over six hundred years, while to the west stands the largest Drum Tower in the country. Walk dozens of meters from here to the Muslim Quarter, a famous food culture district in Xi'an. Muslim Quarter, as one of the representatives of Xi'an's cultural ambiance, is a collective term for several streets, such as Xiyang Market, Dapiyuan, Huajue Lane, and Sajin Bridge. Here, you can taste almost all of Xi'an's local snacks and experience the rich Muslim atmosphere.
At the end of the tour, your guide and driver will escort you back to your hotel.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Simple lunch on both days
- Transfer in air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and experienced driver
- Personal expenses and optional activities such as bike riding on the City Wall
- Gratuities (recommended)
- A minimum of 2 people are required to operate the tour.
- The cost is based on pick-up and drop-off at Xian downtown hotel. If you arrive in or depart Xian by train on the day and need train station transfer, the extra cost is CNY100 per way for Xi’an Railway Station and CNY200 per way for Xian North Train Station.
- The itineraries of two days may be done in inverse order according to the booking of other tourists, but we promise you will visit all mentioned sites except for force majeure.