This 3-day small group tour is the best choice for first-time visitors who want to see more things at less cost. This tour covers the legendary terracotta army, the unique Banpo Museum, the Ancient City Wall, the lively Muslim Quarter, the amazing Huashan Mountain, etc. A knowledgeable and friendly English-speaking tour guide will accompany you throughout the tour to help you solve problems, learn more about Chinese history and culture, and enjoy yourself very much. On this tour, you will get to know the real Xian, tracing its glorious history and mingling with local people.
2. Explore the Small Wild Goose Pagoda and Xian Museum, discovering the city’s rich cultural heritage.
3. Traverse Xian City Wall, enjoying panoramic views and delving into history with fellow explorers.
4. Immerse yourself in the vibrant Muslim Quarter, savoring local delicacies and exploring bustling markets.
5. Embark on an adventurous climb up Mount Huashan, where breathtaking scenery and spiritual experiences await you.
- Day 1: Terracotta Warriors and Banpo Museum Bus TourTerracotta Warriors and Horses, Banpo Museum (Lunch)
In the morning, we will drive about 1 hour to Terracotta Warriors, a precious heritage of ancient Chinese civilization. Within the pits are displayed thousands of life-sized clay figurines, each unique and incredibly lifelike. These terracotta warriors are part of the mausoleum of Emperor Qin Shi Huang and represent the formidable military power of the Qin Dynasty. Standing in front of these majestic terracotta figures, you are sure to feel the charm of ancient Chinese civilization.
In the afternoon, continue to visit the Banpo Museum, China's first prehistoric site museum, preserving the Banpo site with a history dating back over 6,000 years. It vividly showcases the production and daily life of the Banpo ancestors during the prosperous period of the matrilineal clan society. The museum's exhibits include unearthed artifacts, a site hall, and auxiliary displays, allowing visitors to gain a deep understanding of the social and cultural significance of the matrilineal clan settlement during the Neolithic Yangshao culture. After the visit, your driver will transfer you back to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in city area booked by yourself
- Day 2: Xian City Sightseeing Bus TourSmall Wild Goose Pagoda, North Square of Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Xian Ancient City Wall, Bell & Drum Tower Square, Muslim Quarter (Lunch)
After breakfast, your guide and driver will drive you to the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, built during the Tang Dynasty, which is an important symbol of Chang'an, the capital city of the Tang Dynasty, and is renowned alongside the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. While visiting, you will also have the opportunity to explore the Xi'an Museum, which houses a rich collection of valuable artifacts. With the guidance of your tour guide, you can not only appreciate the beauty of ancient architecture but also delve into the history and culture of Xi'an. Next, we will head to the North Square of Big Wild Goose Pagoda to admire the pagoda from a distance and enjoy a relaxing time walking in the square.
After lunch, we'll transfer to the Ancient City Wall, the largest and most well-preserved ancient city wall in China. Surrounding the Xi'an City, it presents a unique skyline. You can cycle or stroll along the city wall, experiencing the historical charm of the ancient capital and overlooking the entire city. Here, you can truly appreciate the historical and cultural heritage of Xi'an. Then, you will stroll around the Bell Tower and Drum Tower Square, a symbolic structure in the center of Xi'an, blending elements of both ancient and modern times. Surrounding the square are shopping centers, restaurants, and traditional markets, offering visitors a rich shopping and culinary experience. As night falls, the dazzling lights of the Bell and Drum Towers enhance the charm of the ancient capital.
The last stop is the Muslim Quarter, a renowned culinary and cultural district, showcasing a variety of authentic Shaanxi snacks and distinctive cuisines. You can indulge in delicious dishes such as "rou jia mo" (Chinese hamburger), "yang rou pao mo" (Mutton and Bread Pieces in Soup), and "liang pi" (cold noodles), experiencing the rich food culture of Xi'an. Additionally, the architectural style and strong Muslim cultural presence in the Muslim Quarter are also worth exploring.
Accommodation: Hotel in city area booked by yourself
- Day 3: Mt. Huashan Bus TourMt. Huahshan (No meal)
In the morning, your driver and guide will meet you at your hotel lobby. After collecting all the tourists, we will drive for about 2 hours to Mt. Huashan. Mount Hua, one of the Five Great Mountains of China, is renowned for its steepness. Today, you will challenge yourself as you follow the ancient climbing route to appreciate the magnificent scenery of Mount Hua.
We will arrive at Mt. Huashan at 10:00 – 11:00 am. Then, you will take the shuttle bus to the foot of North Peak and get on the cable car up to the mountain. Your guide will tell you the climbing route and meeting place. You will enjoy your free time for sightseeing and photo taking. The scenery here will surprise you! At the summit, you can overlook the surrounding mountains and experience the grandeur of nature. Additionally, the sea of clouds on Mount Hua is a natural spectacle that should not be missed. We will stay on the mountain for 4 to 5 hours and you may cover 3 to 5 peaks according to your interest. And on the mountain, you may experience some exciting activities like plank road. Please watch your steps.
Lunch is on your own. There is no restaurant on the mountaintop. Please bring something for lunch.
At about 17:00, our guide will meet you at the appointed place and take the cable car down to the foot of North Peak. Then, we will take the shuttle bus to the exit and board our car back to your hotel in Xi'an.
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in the itinerary
- Roundway shuttle bus and North Peak cable car at Mt. Huashan
- Two simple lunches
- Transfer in air-conditioned car
- Excellent English-speaking tour guide and experienced driver
- Lunch on the day of Mt. Huashan
- Personal expenses and optional activities such as bike riding on the City Wall
- Gratuities (recommended)
- A minimum of 2 people are required to operate the tour.
- The cost is based on pick-up and drop-off at the Xian downtown hotel. If you arrive in or depart Xian by train on the day and need a train station transfer, the extra cost is CNY100 per way for Xi’an Railway Station and CNY200 per way for Xian North Train Station.
- The itineraries of two days may be done in inverse order according to the booking of other tourists, but we promise you will visit all mentioned sites except for force majeure.