7 Days Silk Road Dunhuang-Turpan-Urumqi-Kashgar Tour
- Echoing-Sand Mountain, Crescent Lake, Mogao Grottoes, Gaochang Ruins, Bizaklik Thousand Buddha Cave, Jiaohe Ruins, Flaming Hill, Gaochang Ruins, Bizaklik Thousand Buddha Cave, Jiaohe Ruins, Flaming Hill, Kazak People Family, Heavenly Lake, Sunday Bazaar, Abakh Khoja Tomb, Id Kah Mosque
- Private tour guide + Driver + Vehicle + Entrance tickets + Lunch + Hotel with breakfast+Overnight train Dunhuang-Turpan+ Flight tickets Urumqi-Kashgar-Urumqi
Explore the elite part of China Silk Road by this 7 days Silk Road tour of Dunhuang-Turpan-Urumqi-Kashgar. Have you ever been excited to plan a soonest Silk Road adventure by the photos or videos of Mogao Grottoes, camel riding at the Echo Sand Mountain, Jiaohe Ruins, Urumqi’s Bazaar, and Kashgar’s old town? Taking this tour, your dream will come ture! With comfortable transfer and accommodation, professional tour guide, entrance tickets, internal flight/train included, you will enjoy a wonderful trip with hassle free!
1. Step into two brilliant caves – Mogao Grottoes & Bizaklik Thousand Buddha Cave, which display a very colorful and descriptive world in the paintings.
2. Discover the flourishing of ancient trade in the Jiaohe Ruins, the largest, oldest, and best-preserved earthen architecture in the world.
3. Take your journey further to Kashgar, another pearl on the Silk Road, where you will experience Uygur folk customs, cultural arts, architectural style, and traditional essence.
4. Have a visit to a warm-hearted Kazak People Family to enjoy some local specialties such as fried cookies, milk tea, and dried grapes.
- Day 1: Dunhuang ArrivalEchoing-Sand Mountain, Crescent Lake (Lunch)
AM: Upon our arrival, the local guide will greet you at the exit of airport or train station.
Then unfold today's tour with one of the most famous attractions along the Silk Road- the Echoing-Sand Mountain and Crescent Lake. When you slide down the slope, you can hear the roaring echo of sands, hence the name. A short camel ride will leave you an unforgettable memory. Riding along the mountain to reach the Crescent Lake, your eyes will be feasted on the crescent-shaped spring surrounded by the endless Gobi desert. It has not dried up over the past one thousand years and still gushes with fresh current.
- Day 2: Dunhuang - Turpan by Overnight TrainMogao Grottoes (Breakfast + Lunch)
After breakfast, you will travel to the famous Mogao Grottoes which display a very colorful and descriptive world in the paintings. It is known as one of the four most famous caves in China. After dinner, we will take overnight soft-sleeper train to Turpan.
Accommodation: Overnight train
- Day 3: Turpan - Urumqi by CarGaochang Ruins, Bizaklik Thousand Buddha Cave, Jiaohe Ruins, Flaming Hill (Lunch)
AM: Today we will visit four famous sites all together. First is another famous ruin in Turpan, Gaochang Ruins, which used to be the capital of ancient Gaochang Kingdom. Then you will go to the Bizaklik Thousand Buddha Cave, a series of caves with thousands of Buddhism murals. The vivid murals show many Buddhism figures, stories, and the social life about 1,000 years ago in Ancient Gaochang Kingdom.
Noon: Lunch in local restaurant.
PM: Then you will have an exploration of Jiaohe Ruins, which is one of the most important towns along the ancient Silk Road. It is also the largest, oldest and best-preserved earth construction in the world. The last stop will be the hottest place in China– the Flaming Hill, situated at the north of ancient Silk Road. The temperature is so high that nothing grows on the hill. The record highest temperature of summer could reach 47.8 ℃ (118 ℉). And then go to Urumqi, check in Hotel
- Day 4: UrumqiKazak People Family, Heavenly Lake (Breakfast + Lunch)
AM: After breakfast, you will be invited to visit warm-hearted Kazak People Family, they will offer fried cookies, milk tea dried grapes which are local specialty.
Noon: Lunch in local restaurant.
PM: Then, we will visit Heavenly Lake. 100 kilometers away from city of Urumqi, Heavenly Lake gives the impression of nobleness, elegance and beauty. Clear lake, snow mountains and soaring pin trees compose the charming scenery of the Heavenly Lake. Come to Heavenly Lake, and you will find words are so weak for the surrounding. It will make you totally relaxed no matter you are sitting in a boat, walking in the mountains, or just standing by the lake. Then will drive back to Urumqi. Upon arrival, you will have a stroke at Xinjiang International Big Bazaar which is the place with the unique construction located in two bridges. It attracts the lots of tourists to visit, shopping and watch the traditional dancing
- Day 5: Urumqi-Kashgar by FlightSunday Bazaar, Abakh Khoja Tomb (Brekafast+Lunch)
AM: Take the morning flight to Kashgar. Upon your arrival in Kashgar, met by local guide and driver.
Noon: Lunch in local restaurant.
PM: After a short rest, you will visit the famous Sunday Market, namely Sunday Bazaar, which used to be the largest international trade market in northwest China. Traders at home and abroad come to exchange all kinds of goods, such as Silk, salt, fur, perfume, ivory. The bazaar opens everyday in Kashgar, but the one on Sunday is the liveliest for the whole community will get together. The last stop in Kashgar will be the Abakh Khoja Tomb, which is an ancient Islamic building complex and a cemetery. Five generations of a famous Islamic master were buried here. It is considered as the largest dome architecture in the east of the cemetery.
- Day 6: Kashgar - Urumqi by FlightId Kah Mosque (Breakfast+Lunch)
After the breakfast, we will visit the Id Kah Mosque, a typical Islamic architecture like domes, minarets and arches, as well as pious prayers. It has a 500 years history. Then take the night fight to Urumqi.
- Day 7: Urumqi Departure
After breakfast, our guide will see you off at the airport for your homeward flight.
- Internal flights and/or train charge
- All entrance tickets as mentioned in itinerary
- Typical meals as noted in itinerary
- All private transfer between airports, hotels and scenic spots
- Air-condition car and driver,English speaking tour guide
- Hotel charge（based on two people sharing one twin bed room)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Luggage Transfers between airports and hotels
- One bottle of mineral water per day
- All personal consumption
- Meals not listed in itinerary
- China Entry Visa Expense
- Single Room Supplement
- Excess Baggage Charges
- International Airfare or train tickets Arrival and Departure from China