The Daqikong Scenic Area, situated approximately 20 km from the Seven Small Arches, is a part of the Libo Zhangjiang Scenic Area. It boasts a magnificent karst bridge with seven natural arches, waterfalls, caves, forests, and ethnic villages, offering visitors a glimpse into the area’s rich culture and natural beauty. In addition, visitors can enjoy activities such as boating, rafting, and hiking, making it an ideal destination for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers alike.
- Location: 25 km from Libo County, Qiannan City of Guizhou Province
- Opening time: 8:30–17:00
- Ticket price: CNY55 per person
- Time Needed: 2–3 hours
- Best time to visit: April to August
- Suited to: nature lovers, photographers, adventurers
What to See and Do in Daqikong Scenic Area
Daqikong Bridge is a significant historical and cultural site constructed in 1877 along the ancient trade route between Guizhou and Guangxi. It is a magnificent stone bridge featuring seven arches and exquisite craftsmanship, spanning over the Zhangjiang River and offering a picturesque view of the water and mountains.
Dream Pond is a tranquil and crystal-clear pond located downstream of the Daqikong Bridge. It is home to various species of fish and aquatic plants, and visitors can take a boat ride to enjoy the peaceful scenery.
Natural Bridge is a stunning karst formation that resembles a bridge across a valley. It stands approximately 60 meters high and 10 meters thick, adorned with many stalactites and plants. Visitors can walk underneath the bridge to experience the wonder of nature.
Evil Wind Cave
The Evil Wind Cave is a unique karst cave that has a powerful wind blowing out of it. Legend has it that the wind is caused by the breath of a dragon living inside the cave. The cave features various peculiar shapes and colors of rocks and crystals, making it a fascinating destination to visit.
Best Time to visit Daqikong Scenic Area
April to August is the optimal time to visit Daqikong Scenic Area as it provides visitors with the most stunning views. However, visitors can travel to the scenic area all year round to experience its natural beauty and unique attractions.
Attractions nearby Daqikong Scenic Area
There are several attractions located near Daqikong Scenic Area that are worth a visit, including:
- Seven Small Arches Scenic Area: This scenic area is located about 50 km from Daqikong and is known for its natural beauty and unique rock formations.
- Xijiang Miao Village: This ancient village is located around 100 km from Daqikong and is home to the Miao ethnic group. Visitors can learn about their culture and traditions.
- Huangguoshu Waterfall: Located approximately 200 km from Daqikong, it is the largest waterfall in Asia and offers a stunning view of the surrounding area.
Getting to Daqikong Scenic Area
To reach the scenic area from Guiyang (approximately 300 km away from Libo), visitors can travel to Guiyang Longdongbao International Airport or Guiyang Railway Station via flight or train. From there, they can take a bus from Guiyang South Bus Station to Libo Bus Station, which typically takes around 4 hours and costs roughly 100 yuan per person. Once at the Libo Bus Station, visitors can take a taxi or local bus to the scenic area.