Huanghuacheng Lakeside Great Wall is located in Huairou district, 65 kilometers (40 miles) away from Beijing downtown. In Spring and Summer, the mountains and fields are full of wild yellow flowers. In Chinese, yellow flower is pronounced as “huanghua”, hence this section is called as “Huanghuacheng Great Wall”. Visitors could enjoy not only the superb natural scenery of lakes and mountains, but also the splendid scenery of the Great Wall.
Basic Facts about Huanghuacheng Great Wall:
- HuanghuachengGreat Wall was built during the Ming dynasty.
- It richesin forest and fruit resources. Chinese chestnuts of there are famous for the yield and fruit quality.
- There are lots of famous scenic spots such as the water corridor, Chinese Chestnut Garden of Ming Dynasty, Haoming Lake.Visitors can take a boat trip there, which will leave good memories for tourists.
- Severalentertainment activitiesare accessible in scenic spots, such as Outward Bound, Bonfire Party, personal Raft-making.
Why Choose to Visit Huanghuacheng Great Wall:
- Part of The Great Wall is blocked by the dam, which causes the water level to rise and submerge the Great Wall at the bottom of the valley. The three sections of Huanghuacheng Great Wall into the water is the natural wonder in China, which is the only lakeside Great Wall of Beijing.
How to Buy Entrance Tickets:
- Price of Entrance Tickets:
|Admission Fee||CNY 60|
|Admission Fee and Boat Trip (Single Trip)||CNY 80|
|Admission Fee and Boat Trip (Round Trip)||CNY 100|
|Monday to Friday||Weekends|
|Apr. – Oct.||8:30 – 17:00||8:00 – 18:00|
|Nov. – Mar.||8:30 – 16:30||8:30 – 16:30|
Notes: This area could be vulnerable to the impact of bad weather, so the scenic area will not open during the serious rainstorm day. Please arrange your trip according to the notice on the official website.
- Price of various kinds of boats:
|Painted Pleasure Boat||CNY 25 per person (Single Trip)/ CNY 45 per person ( Round Trip)|
|Yacht||CNY 30 per person (Single Trip)/ CNY 55 per person ( Round Trip)|
|Rowing Boat||CNY 80 per hour ( Maximum Limitation: 4 people )|
|Pedalo A||CNY 100 per hour ( Maximum Limitation: 4 people )|
|Pedalo B||CNY 120 per hour ( Maximum Limitation: 5 people )|
|Battery-driven Boats A||CNY 160 per hour ( Maximum Limitation: 4 people )|
|Battery-driven Boats B||CNY 200 per hour ( Maximum Limitation: 6 people )|
When is the Best Time for a Huanghuacheng Great WallTour?
The best time to visit Huanghuacheng Great Wall is April to October. During these months, the weather is comfortable and the scenery is charming. Visit can see the yellow flowers bloom all over the mountain.
Tips: Visitors had better avoid the official holidays in China, because many Chinese citizens choose to travel on official holidays. As a result, most Chinese tourist attractions are overcrowded and traffic jams are quite common.
Official Holidays in China
|Chinese New Year||Around January or February|
|Labor Day||May1st -3rd|
|Summer vacation(for students)||July-August31st|
|Mid-Autumn Festival||Around mid-September|
|National Day||October 1st-7th|
How to get to Huanghuacheng Great Wall？
- Driving Route:People can drive along the Jingchengexpressway and get off the expressway at Exit 13. The total length of this route is about 85 kilometers, which could take about5h.
Toll: about CNY 20
- Bus: No.916: Visitors can take Bus916 from Dongzhimen Public Transit Hub station to “Nanhua park area 3″ station in Huairou district, and then take”Huairou – Huanghuacheng Great Wall” bus line at “nanhua park area 4” station.
Huairou→Huanghuacheng Great Wall:
Huanghuacheng Great Wall→Huairou:
- Tourist bus:
Special tourism line: This tourist bus departs from Dongzhimen Public Transit Hub.
Departure time: 8:30 (weekends and official holidays of April to October)
Price of bus ticket: about CNY 40 per person（Single Trip)