Located in Nangang district, Harbin city, Heilongjiang province, the Jile temple was built in 1923, which is one of the four famous Buddhist temples in the three northeastern provinces, and the other three are Banruo temple in Changchun, ci ‘en temple in Shenyang and Lengyan temple in Yingkou. It covers an area of about 70,000 square meters, with a building area of 3,000 square meters, and it is divided into four parts: main yard, east yard, west yard and tower.
Basic Facts about the Jile Temple:
- Harbin Jile temple is a famous Buddhist holy sitein northeast China, and also the most popular temple in Harbin. It is said that the majorityof wishes made here can come true, so the incenses here are very strong. On the new moon and full moon day of every month, and on the eighth, eighteenth and twenty-eighth day of the fourth lunar month of every year, the Jile temple will hold a grand temple fair to celebrate.
- There are gate, Heavenly King Hall, the Great Buddha’s Hall, Hall of three saints, Scripture Hall, The Hall of Avalokitesvara Buddhisatva, Buddhistcollege, Amitabha Buddha Hall, Mahaparinirvana Hall, Arhat Hall, Buddhist college, a pagoda of seven stories, Parinirvana Buddhistmonk pagoda and other buildings in the scenic area.
- The main buildings such as the gate, the Heavenly KingHall, the Great Buddha’s Hall and the Hall of three saints are distributed on the central axis. The gate is a memorial arch. Entering the gate, there is a bell tower in the east and a drum tower in the west. In the middle is the first main hall of the temple — Heavenly King Hall, and there is the Hall of three saints behind the Heavenly King Hall. The whole architectures of Jile temple are elegant and magnificent, which also retains the style and characteristics of Chinese temple architecture.
How to Buy Entrance Tickets:
- Price of Entrance Tickets: CNY 10
- Opening Time: 08:00-16:30 (From March to November); 08:30-16:00 (From December to February)
When is the best time to visit?
Jile Temple is a holy site for visitors to pray and visit all year round. And if you are interested in temple celebration fair, you can go there on the new moon and full moon day of every month, or on the eighth, eighteenth and twenty-eighth day of the fourth lunar month of every year.
Tips: Visitors had better avoid the official holiday in China, because many Chinese citizens choose to travel on official holidays to ease the pressure of their work. As a result, many Chinese tourist attractions are overcrowded and traffic jams are common. Therefore, visiting China at this time will bring tourists a less pleasant travel experience.
Official Holidays in China
|Chinese New Year||Around January or February|
|Labor Day||May1st -3rd|
|Summer vacation(for students)||July-August31st|
|Mid-Autumn Festival||Around mid-September|
|National Day||October 1st-7th|
How to get to the Jile Temple?
Visitors can take Bus No.3, 6, 14, 33, 37, 53, 55, 66, 74, 92, 104 or 105 and get off at the Harbin Engineering University Station, then walk about 5 minutes to get to the Jile temple.
Visitors can also take Subway line 1 and get off at the Harbin Engineering University Station, and then walk about 5 minutes to get to the Jile temple.