Harbin Yabuli International Ski Resort, located in Shangzhi city of Harbin, is 200 kilometers away from Harbin and 120 kilometers away from Mudanjiang city. The average temperature here is -10℃, and the extreme minimum temperature is -44. With the snow cover period is about 170 days, the skiing period is nearly 150 days and every year from Mid-November to late march is the best skiing time.
Basic Facts about the Yabuli International Ski Resort:
- Yabuli, formerly known as yabloni,means “orchard” in Russian, which was a huntingplace for the royal family and the Manchu nobles in the Qing dynasty. The whole ski resort is surrounded by mountains with dense forest and thick snow, and the main peak here has been set up as a large tourist ski resort, and the other two peaks were the game track of the third Asian Winter Games, which are also the national ski athletes training base.
- Yabuli sports training base has successfully hosted the national winter gamesfour times, the Asian winter games in 1996, the world university winter games in 2009 and other large-scale comprehensive events of snow sports as well as the top international individual events. Yabuli ski resort has a relatively perfect snow-making system with a snow-making pipeline as long as 20 kilometers and a snow-making area of 800,000 square meters. It is also equipped withtwo world-leading cableway systems, and one of them is a mix cableway for six people and four people built in 1995, and the other is a cableway for eight people built in 2016.
- Yabuli International Ski Resort also provides alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, sledding, snowmobiles, dogsleds, horse-drawn sleds, ice skating on the lake, making snowmenand other recreational activities. There is also a children’s ski area and a windmill traditional ski area. At the same time, with ski equipment rental shop and ski school, the peak, mountainsideand the foot of the mountain also have a number of bars, fast food restaurants, shopping center, Red Cross ambulance station, as well as international and domestic long-distance telephone and satellite television service facilities.
- Besides, thesummerand autumn of Yabuli are also a good time for leisure and relaxation. Especially in autumn, the leaves turn red and yellow with fresh air, where it is a good place to play golf, rowboat or go fishing.
- At Yabuli International Ski Resort, people also can eat a lot of traditional northeastern dishes. Disan xian is the most famous one, which is made offried potato, green pepper and eggplant. There arealso some restaurants set up by local people, and if you go to such restaurants to have a meal, you can seat on a unique heated brick bed (in Chinese called “Kang”) while taste the delicious local food, which can help visitors have a chance to experience the local culture and cu
How to Buy Entrance Tickets :
- Price of the ticket: There are three main ski resorts: Yawangsi Ski Resort, New Sports Committee Ski Resortand Xinhao Ski Resort, and each has adifferent price with different equipment and facilities.
|Yawangsi Ski Resort (Opening Hours: 08:00 – 16:30)||2 Hours: CNY 150; Half a day: CNY 300; Full day: CNY 500|
|New Sports Committee Ski Resort (Opening Hours: 08:00 – 16:30)||3 Hours: 200; Half a day: 300; Full day: CNY 500|
|Skiing of Xinhao Ski Resort (Opening Hours: 08:00 – 16:00)||Weekday||Weekend||Festival|
|3 Hours||CNY 138||CNY 360||CNY 460|
|4 Hours||CNY 300||CNY 400||CNY 500|
|4-8 Hours||CNY 500||CNY 600||CNY 700|
|Sightseeing cableway||CNY 200||CNY 200||CNY 200|
- Price of Ski Class in Xinhao Ski Resort
|Time||One to one||One to two|
|Private coach||2 hours||CNY 600||CNY 800|
|Private coach||4 hours||CNY 1000||CNY 1400|
- Price of other items:
|Snow clothing||Half a day||CNY 90|
|Snow clothing||Full day||CNY 150|
|Snow goggles||Half a day||CNY 30|
|Snow goggles||Full day||CNY 50|
|Helmet||Half a day||CNY 50|
|Helmet||Full day||CNY 80|
|Locker||Full day||CNY 20|
|Horse-drawn sleigh||Once||CNY 200|
|Snow tubing||30 minutes||CNY 80|
|Snow tubing||60 minuets||CNY 140|
|Snow hiking||30 minuets||CNY 80|
|Snow hiking||60 minuets||CNY 140|
When is the best time to visit?
Even the summer and autumn of Yabuli are also a good time for leisure and relaxation, winter is the best time to experience the fun of skiing and the charm of the white snow.
Tips: Visitors had better avoid the official holiday in China, because many Chinese citizens choose to travel on official holidays to ease the pressure of their work. As a result, many Chinese tourist attractions are overcrowded and traffic jams are common. Therefore, visiting China at this time will bring tourists a less pleasant travel experience.
Official Holidays in China
|Chinese New Year||Around January or February|
|Labor Day||May1st -3rd|
|Summer vacation(for students)||July-August31st|
|Mid-Autumn Festival||Around mid-September|
|National Day||October 1st-7th|
How to get to the Yabuli International Ski Resort?
Visitors can take a tour bus at Haxi Bus Station to the Yabuli International Ski Resort. The bus is available at 9:00 and 11:00.
It is also available for tourists to get to the Yabuli International Ski Resort by training from the Harbin Railway Station or Harbin East Railway Station, and then take a taxi to the ski resort.